To provide City Council with advice and recommendations on senior services and accessibility issues as detailed below and within the terms of the Council Committee System Policy.
The Committee will provide advice and recommendations in the following areas:
- existing or proposed bylaws and policies related to services for or relating to seniors and accessibility
- reviewing seniors' services and accessibility issues and requirements for new development or re-development within the City as referred by Council
- reviewing seniors' services and accessibility issues and requirements for City programs and services
- opportunities for enhancement of services for seniors and enhancement of accessibility for all citizens
- any other matters referred to the Committee by Council
- and may identify other areas for approval by Council.
The Committee may hear and consider representations by any individual, organization or delegation of citizens on matters referred to it from Council.
In addition to the Council liaison, the Committee will be comprised of the following appointed pursuant to the Council Committee system policy:
- 5 members from established community associations; and
- 6 members from the community-at-large.
Operations of the Committee
- The Committee will, at their organizational meeting each year, determine their meeting dates, time and location and shall meet at minimum twice per year.
Rules of Procedure
- Meetings shall be conducted in accordance with the rules of procedure set out in the Council Procedure Bylaw and Committee System Policy.