To provide City Council with advice and recommendations on environmental issues as detailed below and within the terms of the Council Committee System Policy.
The Committee will provide advice and recommendations in the following areas:
- existing or proposed bylaws and policies related to the protection and enhancement of the environment
- reviewing environmental requirements for new development or re-development within the City as referred by Council
- opportunities for environmental protection and enhancement with respect to public and private operational practices within the City
- any other matters referred to the Committee by Council
- and may identify other areas for approval by Council.
The Committee may hear and consider representations by any individual, organization or delegation of citizens on matters referred to it from Council.
In addition to the Council liaison, the Committee will be comprised of the following appointed pursuant
to the Council Committee system policy:
- 11 members made up of representatives from Community Associations and residents at large.
Operations of the Committee
- The Committee will, at their organizational meeting each year, determine their meeting dates, time and location and shall meet at minimum twice per year.
Rules of Procedure
- Meetings shall be conducted in accordance with the rules of procedure set out in the Council Procedure Bylaw and Committee System Policy.