To provide Council with advice and recommendations on strategic economic, tourism and arts development directions and related matters within the terms of the Council Committee System Policy.
The Committee will provide advice and recommendations in the following areas:
- short, medium and long-term goals and objectives for economic, tourism and arts development in the community
- regional and national economic trends affecting the City as well as the City's strengths, weaknesses and threats from a competitive and comparative perspective
- opportunities for strengthening the City's business and tax base including marketing and partnership initiatives
- job creation and retention in the community
- participation from relevant business and community stakeholders including other City committees
- and may identify other areas for approval by Council.
Review and advise Council on other matters referred by Council.
The Committee may hear and consider representations by any individual, organization or delegation of citizens on matters referred to it from Council.
In addition to the Council representatives, the Committee will be comprised of the following appointed pursuant to the Council Committee system policy:
10 members made up of representatives from Community Associations and residents at large, and
1 member appointed by the Chamber of Commerce.
Operations of the Committee
- The Committee will, at their organizational meeting each year, determine their meeting dates,
time and location and shall meet at minimum twice per year.
Rules of Procedure
- Meetings shall be conducted in accordance with the rules of procedure set out in the Council
Procedure Bylaw and Committee System Policy.